Monday, January 1, 2018

CDP Theme Day: Photo of the Year


It's always difficult to choose my favorite photo from the past year, as I'm sure it is for other bloggers who participate in City Daily Photo's Theme Days.  City Daily Photo is an online community of photo bloggers from around the world who share images from their cities.  The first day of each month is Theme Day - this month's theme is our favorite "Photo of the Year." 

I like to choose photos with people in them - maybe because so many of my photos don't have people in them.  It's gotten better in the past few years because of the popular use of camera phones, but there is somewhat of a stigma in Saudi Arabia of taking photos of people in this culture, especially of women.  I also like to choose photos that show a slice of life, a slice of culture - and I think this photo fits the bill. 

It was taken one evening as I walked through the oldest part of Jeddah called Al Balad.  This group of men probably gets together each evening to socialize and play games. 

Please visit City Daily Photo's portal to view the other entries in this month's Theme Day.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.   

1 comment: