Tuesday, December 1, 2015

CDP Theme Day: Shop Window



Abayas - the long black cloaks that women in Saudi Arabia must wear - don't have to be just black any more!

Today is the first of the month, which means it's theme day for City Daily Photo bloggers.  City Daily Photo is an online community of photo bloggers from around the world, sharing the wonders of their area of the world pictorially with others.  Each month there is a different theme that CDP members can participate in.  This month's theme is "Shop Window."  

Please visit the City Daily Photo portal to view other participants' entries for today's theme day of "Shop Window."  

13 comments:

Kate said...

Black will always be a classic color but it is also good to add variety. Glad you found a shop that featured some variety in the dress.

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice to see that fashion in Saudi Arabia is improving somewhat.

Mike Nice said...

This is a good step forward - it adds variety and allows for creativity.

Dina said...

I would never have guessed those are abayas!
Wonder how long the new fashion will take to get up here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So pleased they can mix it up a bit now Susie although I see there is still no colour just variations of black and white. They look smart though. Good choice for the theme.

William Kendall said...

Unexpectedly stylish!

Jim said...

Progress.

Lois said...

What a pretty window! Nice that they don't have to stick with only black.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and unexpected!

Babzy.B said...

good news :)

LOLfromPasa said...

How interesting. Nice idea for theme day post.

Sandy P of MN said...

How much does one of those cost in US dollars? How does that compare to an outfit or dress I might buy here in the US? I'm curious as to how clothing budgets compare from US to Arabia. I love the second one (from the left) best but for variety I would want to purchase the fourth one, then the third one but have no idea if a person could buy all three of their favorites at once or not. I have a lot of black and white in my wardrobe now and would actually enjoy coming up with more designs for these abayas!

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Sandy P - I generally pay anywhere from 100 SR to 250 SR for my abayas, which is about $25 US to $65 US. I have seen abayas as cheap as 30 SR ($8 US) and well over 1000 SR ($266 US). I think what I pay is average.