Monday, October 19, 2015

Our World: Water Spray Hoses


I still wonder why these handy dandy water spray hoses for the toilet haven't really caught on in the USA yet.  Every home and public restroom here in Saudi Arabia is equipped with these devices which provide a spray of water to clean yourself after using the toilet.  You can also purchase replacement parts, which is what is shown in the photo.  I love these hoses so much that I had my husband bring them and install them in the bathrooms of the home we just purchased this past summer in Washington state!  Americans don't know what they are missing.  By the way, I have seen them in stores like Home Depot, but the kits are outrageously expensive.  They are quite cheap here in Saudi.




Be sure to visit OUR WORLD TUESDAY, where family-friendly bloggers share a unique glimpse into what life is like all around our ever-amazing planet.



4 comments:

William Kendall said...

No, they've not caught on here!

Denise SA said...

They are still not as good as the wonderful electronic toilets of Japan

Rusty Rockets said...

I've seen them in shops in my country but I haven't been able to figure out how to install them if there isn't an extra water outlet, I'm guessing it would need a major plumbing reform which I cannot afford or have the sake to do...

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Rusty - My husband was able to install them in our home in the US without too much trouble. You can just use the existing water feed to the toilet. A home improvement store professional should be able to get you set up with what you need. It's not too complicated.