Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Al Baik: KSA's KFC



Al Baik is known as the KFC of Saudi Arabia.  It is a popular chain of chicken eateries that has many branches in Jeddah.  At certain times of the day, one can see hordes of men crowded outside Al Baik establishments waiting to get their meals.  There are no Al Baiks in Riyadh, however, and I have heard that there are political reasons for this, possibly due to a dispute between princes or businessmen.  But this is just hearsay.  Everyone loves Al Baik chicken here in Jeddah though - and I think it makes the people of Riyadh a little jealous. 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A little inside the country rivalry, I see. I haven't been in a KFC here in years, though it doesn't surprise me that there would be similar setups elsewhere in the world.