Sunday, July 1, 2012

CDP Theme Day: Chimneys


Coming up with this month's City Daily Photo Theme Day wasn't easy. The theme is "chimneys," and living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, I must say that I have never yet seen a fireplace or a chimney. It just doesn't get cold enough here to warrant having a fireplace. There are built in barbecues that I guess have chimneys, but I didn't have any photos of any. So I thought of the desalination smokestacks that spew the waste created from taking the salt out of the sea water to make it usable for the population here. Not very charming or beautiful, but I hope they qualify as some kind of chimney of sorts.

City Daily Photo features photo blogs of cities all around the world. The first day of each month is City Daily Photo’s Theme Day, and July’s Theme is “Chimneys.” If you like to do armchair traveling, please check out the City Daily Photo blogs – you will see some amazing sights.

No comments: